On 27 and 28 January 2023, the Executive Committee of European Gymnastics met in the Lausanne head office for the first meeting of the current legislative period.
Led by President Farid Gayibov (AZE), the debates have resulted in the following official decisions and information:
- The 2024 TeamGym Europeans have been awarded to Baku (AZE). The competition will be held from 16 to 19 October 2024. These will be Open TeamGym European Championships where all FIG federations have the opportunity to participate.
- The 2025 European Championships in Men’s and Women’ Artistic Gymnastics have been awarded to Tel Aviv (ISR). The competition will be held from 13 to 18 May 2025.
- The 2027 European Championships in Men’s and Women’s Artistic have been awarded to Yerevan (ARM). The exact dates will be communicated shortly.
- At our request, the 2025 European Championships in Rhythmic Gymnastics, allocated to Tallinn (EST), will move by a week. The new dates are 4 to 8 June 2025.
- The provisional programme of the Congress 2023 has been approved. The details will be send out in due time.
- A call for hosts is open for the following European Gymnastics events: 2025 European Championships in Aerobic and Acrobatic Gymnastics, 2025 Congress, 2026 European Championships in Men’s and Women’s Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics, 2026 European Gym for Life Challenge and EUROGYM, 2026 Golden Age Gymnastics Festival, 2026 TeamGym Europeans and the 2027 European Championships in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be held in Baku (AZE) on 22 and 23 May 2023.