On 10 and 12 September, the Executive Committee of European Gymnastics met online. Led by President Farid Gayibov (AZE), the debates have resulted in the following official decisions and information:
- The 2022 Golden Age Gym Festival has been awarded to Funchal (POR). The event will be held from 2 to 7 October 2022.
- As the FIG Congress was postponed by a year to end of October 2021, the Executive Committee is looking into postponing its 2021 Congress. All member Federations will be invited to vote about this proposal during an extra virtual General Assembly in the coming months.
- In view of the successful organisation of future events, European Gymnastics will produce and publish strict Covid-19 guidelines.
- A ‘Positive coaching’ module, created by British Gymnastics, will be made available to all member Federations in three languages.
- A call for hosts is open for the following European Gymnastics events: the 2022 European Championships in Trampoline, the 2023 European Championships in Acrobatic and Aerobic Gymnastics, the 2023 Congress and the 2024 European Championships in Men’s Artistic, Women’s Artistic, Rhythmic and Trampoline Gymnastics and TeamGym.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be held online. A date will be fixed in the coming weeks.